The Perils of Prognostication

Blogging will be light the next couple of days, due to various things in the mix, and the local imaginary holiday. The difference between this and all of my other mysterious absences? I'm mentioning it ahead of time.

But I'll leave you with this. Sports talk radio is difficult - I sure couldn't do it. There's a lot of time to fill with a lot of opinions, and you're going to be wrong some of the time. It's just a matter of luck as to which day an author stops by to jot down what you say for one of the more popular books on basketball in recent years. And the money quote that made the book?

"And North Carolina will be lucky if Tyler Hansbrough develops into a player as productive as Carlos Boozer."

Hansbrough, of course, had almost identical statistics and accolades as a freshman that Boozer achieved as a senior. Luck of the draw, I guess.

(And if you haven't read the book yet, now's a good time before football gets underway.)