Liveblogging UNC-Duke

Because I can. All times West Coast, in case you're confused.

1:04 Good to see we're still starting Seniors on Senior Day.
1:05 Billy Packer, please stop criticizing Senior Day.
1:06 4-5. Good followup by May.
1:08 Who the hell calls Randolph "Shav?"
1:09 Duke has 179 blocks on the season. Evil Williams only has 96 of those.
1:10 Two good rebounds for May. Coming in to this game, May has 183 rebounds in ACC play, Evil Williams 182. In case you need another reason to be interested.
1:12 Already sick of the Hootie Burger King commercial.
1:13 Take me there live?!? I don't want to see Quin Snyder! I especially don't want to see two teams stand around while there's a better game going on!
1:16 9-16? I blame CBS. Illinois should still be number one after the loss, by the way.
1:19 Missouri beats Kansas. Illini roommates happy. Have I failed in my Duke-hatred teaching?
1:20 Melchionni shoots, misses, and no one tries to claim he's a walk-on. I feel dirty complimenting Billy Packer.
1:21 Your life is about playing games, and I'm not paying for your stupid credit card. Shaddup.
1:24 Two steals. Jackie Manuel with the most impressively business-like dunk I've seen in awhile.
1:26 Foul called on Redick. Really wish the crowd could come up with something better than "J.J. sucks."
1:27 When exactly did working the offical become an admirable coaching trait?
1:30 I know next to nothing about David Noel, but that's some impressive two-foul defense.
1:32 30-29. Sean May pulling away in the rebound race.
1:33 Reason #2 why CBS is better to watch the game than ESPN: They have a much more in-depth library of UNC-Duke highlights. I wonder if the Capel half-court shot would be nearly as well-known if it wasn't the first UNC-Duke game ESPN televised.
1:35 That's Noel, N-O-E-L.
1:38 Do you think Felton's enjoying the chance to play the McCants drive-and-create role?
1:40 Felton's free throws have been interrupted so CBS could inform us that Charles Kuralt is still dead.
1:46 No CBS, I don't want to see the Manuel foul / Redick potential injury rplayed. I want filler profiles of J.J. Redick!
1:48 40-38. I recognize one Duke player on the court, Ewing.
1:51 Did I hear that right? Daniel Ewing's first double-double was against Miami?
1:54 No Billy Packer, Redick cannot take Rashawn Terry. (Speaking of which, a hot Terry -- very, very, bad for Duke.)
1:56 47-41. I can live with a six point halftime lead. Now I just have to keep the roommates from seeing the Illinois highlights again.
1:57 Just once I'd like to see a TD Waterhouse commerical end with Our Plucky Young Investor saying, "Sam Watterson? What the hell are you doing in my house?"
2:05 You mean we still can't consider Kansas anything less than a number one seed? Didn't they lose four of there last six?
2:07 Carolina Covenant is great and all, but I miss Charles Kuralt.
2:09 I don't recall ACC basketball having to advertise it was still good in the previous fifty years. Maybe the loss of the Tom Smith Food Lion commercials was a larger blow than I thought.

Second Half:

2:12 Billy, non-productive Randolph is the rule rather than the exception.
2:16 51-47. Williams has three fouls, Manuel airballs a free throw. I really need to get to writing the "UNC fans should not chant 'Airball'" post. Not that they did in this case, of course.
2:18 Amazing what good things can happen when Randolph shoots a three-pointer.
2:19 Airball, Redick. Still shouldn't have chanted.
2:21 1995 overtime game, why do your highlights haunt me? Are there no highlights of the '74, 7 points in 15 seconds game?
2:22 Coach American Express, would you like to know how we look at you?
2:24 I was just about to eat crow on my Randolph mockery when he missed that dunk.
2:28 58-54. At this point, I must stop and thank Mssrs. Packer and Nantz for not uttering the phrase "block party." You are scholars and gentlemen, and may you never cross Musberger's path.
2:32 58-59. We might have to develop a half-court offense, guys.
2:34 May doesn't seem tired. Manuel's throwing himself all over the place. I'm much more confident than I would have been at this point last year. Of course, I'd be even better if we'd stop being blocked.
2:41 I would never have considered the 2003 game a "UNC-Duke Classic."
2:45 Evil Williams has 2 rebounds?
2:47 Florida State beat Virginia?
2:48 64-68. I'm still pretty confident, all things considered. Especially since the cahnces of Redick returning to form is being considered.
2:51 How many commercials is Krzyzewski doing nowadays?
2:54 Melchionni can start playing like Randolph anytime now.
2:56 We have a tremendous advantage inside -- do we have a half-court offense to exploit it?
2:59 71-73. I'm developing a slight man-crush on Sean May.
3:00 Can't. Type. Redick. Open shot. Manuel. Shoot. Damn. Ball.
3:03 That cannot be a jump ball. Luckily, CBS is right there with a cell phone ad.
3:06 75-73. You expected me to be typing in those 7 seconds?
3:09 Well, Redick didn't get a good look, which was the most I could have asked defensively. Congratulations all around.

If you had told me the game would be this close beforehand, well, first of all I wouldn't have done the whole liveblogging thing. If you'd told me it would be this close and Redick would be absent in the second half, I would have thought you mad.

Jackie Manuel is better than most people think. So is Rashawn Terry. I now appreciate David Noel's defense. I'd still like more of a half-court offense. McCants can come back anytime now.

(And we get to do it all again tomorrow. UNC-Duke for the Women's ACC Championship. Now if you excuse me, inebriating beverages await.)